About this blog

In this blog I'm going to show you my watercolor paintings, and also the step by step for some of them.
I'm also going to share some of my digital artwork, 3d images created and rendered in Bryce.

I will post also some of my crafty projects and some pics of the place where I live, just for fun!
Hope you'll enjoy!!!

All images published are © Marissa Gabetta

Labels

watercolor (11) watercolor painting (11) art (8) dog (8) painting (8) custom portrait (7) portrait (7) demo (6) home (6) fun (5) face (4) step by step (4) lake (3) pet (3) pets (3) view (3) paper (2) review (2) test (2) 3d (1) Ikea (1) Marilyn Monroe (1) abstract (1) brush (1) color chart (1) drawing (1) food (1) pencil (1) sewing (1) still life (1)

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Portraiture

Here are some examples of portraits I did overtime.
I work from reference photos, and I can do custom portraits for special events such as weddings or graduations and so on.
I usually use only transparent watercolors for portraiture, especially Schmincke, because the skin texture to me requires as much transparency as possible-
I always work in layers, many transparent layers, in order to achieve the depth of color I need in a painting.









"Baby has been crying" Watercolor on Fabriano paper, 300 grs,
dimensions 6.6 x 7.8 in / 15.2 x 17.8 cm

My goal here was to depict the transparency  of babies skin. He still has some wetness in his eyes, but I'm sure mommy brought a smile on his face soon! :)






"Candle in the wind" Watercolor on Fabriano paper, 300 grs, dimensions 9.8 x 7.2 in / 22.8 x 17.6 cm


I could not resist the charm of this timeless myth, in her young years, had lots of fun in doing the make-up in here, and hair were also a challenge!








"The afghan girl" Watercolor I did a while back on an unknown paper that a friend had gitfted me.
dimensions 9.8 x 11.4 in / 25 x 29 cm


Unfortunately my paper has some "spots" (color doesn't stick) where the chin is; the color came out blotty (a pity, as it took nearly 10 days work to complete...)






"A wedding study" on half a sheet of Arches 300 grs


In this study I wanted to experiment with the transparency of the tulle veil









"The Cuban" Watercolor on Arches paper, 300 grs,
dimensions 11.8 x 15.7 in / 30 x 40 cm

My challenge here was to paint the beard and the wrinkles on this skinny old man's face, as well as playing with shadows and light to give the impression of a hot summer day






"Melancholy" Watercolor on Fabriano paper, 300 grs,
dimensions 16 x 11.5 in / 40.6 x 29.2 cm

I absolutely loved tha late afternoon light coming in from the window, and her dreamy expression! Really adored painting this portrait!



Here is one I did of my friend Anne-Marie, blogger at Soap Queen and Owner of  Brambleberry.
She published an artcle thay you may read here This is good, as my external hd, where I stored ALL AND EVERY project broke, and at the moment I don't have any spare money to put into this......



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment