About this blog

In this blog I'm going to show you my watercolor paintings, and also the step by step for some of them.
I'm also going to share some of my digital artwork, 3d images created and rendered in Bryce.

I will post also some of my crafty projects and some pics of the place where I live, just for fun!
Hope you'll enjoy!!!

All images published are © Marissa Gabetta

Labels

watercolor (11) watercolor painting (11) art (8) dog (8) painting (8) custom portrait (7) portrait (7) demo (6) home (6) fun (5) face (4) step by step (4) lake (3) pet (3) pets (3) view (3) paper (2) review (2) test (2) 3d (1) Ikea (1) Marilyn Monroe (1) abstract (1) brush (1) color chart (1) drawing (1) food (1) pencil (1) sewing (1) still life (1)

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Paper

I started using Fabriano, it's a very good paper, it's italian so easy to get here in Italy, then I started using Arches, I prefer it, and it's way cheaper, I usually order it at Cheap Joe's.
It seems unbelievable, but here a sheet of watercolor paper (Fabriano) costs € 12 while 1 sheet of Arches (I bought a 25 pack) cost me about $ 3.86, plus shipping and customs clearance, which is certainly waay less expensive than the italian price.
This extends to all materials, brushes and colors (I cannot find Schmincke in Como, so have to order online anyway).

Yesterday I ordered from Garzapapel in Spain some handmade watercolor paper.
They have a trial offer with FREE samples and FREE shipment all over the world.

Garzapapel

It sure looks interesting, looking forward to it. It is quite a pricey paper, but don't want to miss the opportunity to try it out!
I will let you know as sson as it arrives.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment